Connection Pointe: Session 1
Our Mission Statement:
Love for God, Love for One Another, Love for a Broken World.
Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and with all your strength. -Jesus (Mark 12:30,NLT)
Love your neighbor as yourself. -Jesus (Mark 12:31, NLT)
If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me. -Jesus (Luke 9:23, NLT)
Who is CrossPointe Church?
1. We are a Community Church
We are continually identifying the needs of our community and utilizing multi-faceted ministries to meet those needs.
2. We are a multi-denominational Church
We accept people from other denominational backgrounds with an attitude of respect for one another’s secondary beliefs.
Scripture commands us to “let there be real harmony so there won’t be divisions in the church.” (1 Corinthians 1:10, NLT) Therefore our doctrinal philosophy can be summarized with this maxim:
"In essentials unity, in nonessentials liberty, and in all things charity (love)."
3. We maintain an affiliation with our founding denomination.
CrossPointe Church is associated with the National Association of Free Will Baptists. Here are reasons why we align ourselves with this association:
- Accountability for the doctrine that we teach
- Teamwork with other churches to fulfill the great commission on a global scale.
- Fellowship with other churches of common essential beliefs.
- Founded on September 16, 1950 as the Norman First Free Will Baptist Church.
- Our church was located at 625 East Frank from 1951 to 1998.
- After prayerful consideration, we moved to our present location on the first Sunday of January, 1999
- Our original 14 acres was priced at $ 1.4 million. God provided the land to us at $185,000! We have since purchased five additional acres bringing the total to 19 acres.
- In 2001 we continued our commitment to providing relevant, fun environments by constructing a 26,000 square foot children’s center. It opened in January 2003.
- Also in 2003 our church family voted to change our name from First Free Will Baptist Church to CrossPointe Church in an effort to better reflect our ministry as a community church.
- In 2008 we opened a 31,000 square foot Student Center and Community Center.
- What does the future hold for CrossPointe? An incredible journey!